Tuesday, August 19, 2008

What we have learned

  • Higgins is old. Higgins went out crazy-stomp-dancing Friday night to a rocking Bluegrass/Jam Band and could hardly believe that she used to do that around a campfire in the 1000 percent humidity.
  • Higgins has been drinking Tab of all things lately. I love it. That super retro can is so much fun to hold, even though my friend says "Tab tastes like robot sweat".
  • Higgins is a total hypochondriac who must stay off WebMD. I had a swollen ankle last week, which has to be the most ubiquitous symptom there is. It was either a strain, ill fitting sneakers, or Lou Gehrig's disease. At one point I literally got up from my desk and went to lie on the floor outside of P's office to make sure that I could breathe and talk while lying flat on my back (otherwise, it was congestive heart failure). At first it was only one ankle, which ruled out renal failure; then it was both which ruled out deep vein thrombosis. I have now officially diagnosed it as "one of those things", and have forbidden myself to think about it any further. Especially since I actually called my doctor and the PA said "Why don't you go home, put your feet up, and stay off the Internet before you paranoid yourself to death." They know me so well. Four days later, and even as I type these ankles are as trim as a ballerina's.
  • Nothing is as good as your own ice cubes from home in your water bottle.
  • Higgins world-famous bar joke about John and Mary and the Tractor that broke down is always fucking hilarious. Always.

2 comments:

RebaAnn said...

It is, without a doubt, the funniest joke ever, even if you have to be stone drunk to tell it.

smilingjim said...

Hi Higgins,

Very interesting...robots that sweat. I'm so glad your ankles are better, and thank God for the old-fashioned water bottle!