- I have an arch-nemesis!
I've decided to call him an arch nemesis because its more satisfying than him simply being an unmitigated pain in my ass.
Between the time I left last night and the time I got in this morning I got seven emails from the person who arranges our monthly Speaker Series. Our STUPID, BORING, UN-SELLABLE speaker series to which no one comes because its career day for retired people and SUCKS.
Apparently the fact that no one comes to the Speaker Series is because:
- I don't personally call him every time we get a new reservation so he can personally contact them and tell them to bring a friend (also known as STALKING)
- I don't do the website right (It should be where the story about the new fitness equipment is (REALLY? on the FITNESS PAGE?) Well, then it should be on the top of the dining page (Even though tomorrow is VALENTINE'S DAY?)
- I don't send emails right (It should be the lead story on EVERYTHING! It should probably be my SIGNATURE!)
- There is no such thing as a list of members who work in banking or investments and it is a mark of how unhelpful I am that I will not start making one immediately (For an event that is in two business days.)
- I am personally "insufficiently invested in the success of this project (Because I suggested that an exciting speech from the VP of External Affairs from Atlanta Gas Light (A TICKET THAT SELLS ITSELF!) is a tough one to market.)
MR. SPEAKER SERIES CAN EAT A BAG OF DICKS!!! When I answer the phone and hear his voice, or check my email and see his name (7 TIMES) or see him walking up, I literally get that feeling in my stomach like where you tip too far back in your chair and then catch yourself at the last minute. He literally makes me want to puke. And he called 5 times yesterday, emailed 7 TIMES overnight, and had called twice before lunch.
Which I spent in the bar, making nice with my friendly members and making imaginary cage matches between the regulars in my head (Mr. Snowbird cut Mrs. Bridge Widow off in the parking lot: ITS ON!)

2 comments:
Hi Higgins,
This one was awesome! I love it when you get angry. This guy makes you almost want to own a gun. Happy Valentines, and have a great weekend!
huzzah! I enjoyed this indeed. I subject the poor people of my LJ readership to my daily work dramas with arch-nemeses and asshats alike. Today said asshat confused me with his wife when telling me I don't have professional courtesy or respect for his position. It's good times.
We also make up fun names for people in the library, such as "StinkStankStunk, PornGuy, PoolGuy, SouthernGothic, and BioLady."
Can you file a harassment suit against the guy? Granted that goes both ways... Above human submitted a report that one of my coworkers was creating a hostile work environment. No, dude. It's you. Sigh... :) Miss you!
Post a Comment