Get it?
All I've been doing for the past few days is dicking around on line for inspirational and profoundly disturbing material on quitting smoking.
I gasped and laughed in shock when I saw the pack warning in India. Its the whole front of the pack. It has a skull and crossbones. It has a picture of a tiny little baby with tubes running out of its nose. And it says "YOUR SMOKING KILLS BABIES."
Do you get the feeling that India doesn't have a powerful tobacco lobby?
I'll try not to go on too much about this except to say this: if you are still enjoying smoking and have no real urge to quit, do NOT Google image "diseases of smoking". The World Health Organization has Photoshopped a dude who has all of them, and it is right out of Hieronymous Bosch. Seriously, this creature has cervical cancer, a history of miscarriages and deformed sperm. Unpleasant.
So I don't smoke anymore, and I am fatigued, achy, can't concentrate and want to kill everyone I see.
Or as I call it, Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hi Higgins,
I know it's hard to quit smoking, my sister has tried so many times and failed. But, keep your focus, and work hard at it, your goal is not unreachable. Most people just give up when the going gets hard. Be careful with the eating, and maybe try a workout plan, to keep your mind off the smoking. No matter what happens, we love you anyway. Hang in there.
Post a Comment