Thursday, October 30, 2008

I can't keep a blog

My God, people, I'm hopeless. I can't keep a blog; I over commit then I get all bored and tired of myself, and by extension tired of it, and have to disappear for a while, then I get plowed and over share, then I disappear again in embarrassment without so much as taking the time to correct the bad impression I just left. But then I come back because you've probably forgotten my bad behavior by now despite the actual evidence still out there.

I blog the way I date.

Aaaaanyway, here is something I've always liked: when you put your hair back and its still just a little damp and then later when you take the barrette or tie out you get a lovely little poof of shampoo smell. Aahhhhh.

In political news, I heard a Sarah Palin joke so inappropriate and unpleasant and evil I will never ever blog it. Please send a self-addressed, stamped envelop labeled REALLY WRONG JOKE to...

In book news, Sarah Vowell has a new book out! If you have not read Assassination Vacation run don't walk to the bookstore. Its a travel guide to the key plot points in the deaths of Lincoln, McKinley and Garfield. Oooh, fun, American history murder-style. The new one is called The Wordy Shipmates. It's about pilgrims!

Do you think that is the first time ever someone has put an exclamation point after the word "pilgrims"?

In TV news, I've been intermittently checking in on this new show about biker Meth gangs called Sons of Anarchy. Its pretty grim, but Ron Perlman is MADE OUT OF AWESOME!

In personal news there is none. Except that I discovered my crush has a girlfriend as I was playing some of the worst poker of my life. However, I also learned his best friend is not a fan of the girlfriend, so I have a secret ally.

Next month I shall get him to pass him a note after study hall.

In work news, all the crazy shit is going down at the Wub! Personnel shake ups, personnel crack-ups, and I was forcibly bonded with by one of my least favorite members at the last Bulldog Lounge. We're friends now. Because I AM SOOO SWEET. I MUST call her by her FIRST NAME. We should HANG OUT! (crazy eyes, shrill laugh, love-me subtext, back away slowly ).

Nice to chat; God only knows when I'll do this again. Perhaps after the election. Perhaps when I have recovered from the shame of being a baseball fan during this, the Worst. Post-season. Ever.

Bud Selig can eat a dick.


VOTE!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We were just saying last night how we missed Higgins. I also have been a bad blogger and promise to make amends.

Anonymous said...

I have sorely missed your humor and life updates as well.

but I also forsake my blog on occasion, but that has more to do with the fact I have currently 5 blogs with different user groups so not everybody gets every aspect of my life. Trying to cut back on the stalkers.

I love Sarah Vowell! And Sloane Crosby & David Sedaris & Gene Wilder. yay :)

Oooh and while you're passing notes, maybe I could figure out a better way to communicate than myspace comments about cupcakes. alas.

I saw some cute Obama pumpkins last night!