Hello, my name is Higgins and Im an addict.
Hi Higgins!
I'm addicted to Internet coverage of the election. But tonight I had a revelation.
Live blogging the debate is tired ( not that I won't read it on Wonkette, Slate, Salon and Jezebel).. Live blogging my closing statement on the debate. When it is done. When I am trashed. Much too trashed to run the (evil) spellcheck). is illuminative.
Here is my closing statement.
In any two-party election there are ten voters. Four decided voters are for one guy. Four decided voters are for the other guy. One undecided voter is a democrat who is embarrassed to admit he (cant vote for his paty's candidate for personal reasons) is a racist. One undecided voter is so fucking retarded he will not have his pants on with the zipper in front by Novemebr 4th. And it is those two guys who will decide the next president of the United States.
So, You might ask yourself why do I try? Why why WHY? DO I TRY?
Because (no irony) I have hope. And I don't mean election year hope. Not slogan hope, a place called hope, everything is gonna be alright hope. Real Hope. Things MAKE SENSE, no matter how they turn out, hope. Deep inside we are all decent people taking care of our responsibilities and looking out for the next buck like everybody else hope, hope. I hope, i hope.
This election sucks. But my God, my God, don't we all hope? I hope, that, if as they say, Wall Street got drunk, they have now hit rock bottom? Dont we all hope, i hope, that pre-911 thinking really is pre-911 thinking? I hope, I hope, that we are all sick and fucking tired of being told its naive, and juvenile, and hopeless to talk about compassion and care and hope as if its a real thing and not a campaign device? That stewardship is a real word and not a biblical word, and more then that its an action verb?
Huge pause.
Okay, I apologize, those of you who admire me, prepare to have your idol take a hit in your eyes. But. i just got completely distracted. Because I saw on TV that Jared Fogle, the Subway spokesperson (quote Homer Simpson: "Who used to fat but now hes just ugly") is five years younger than me. BOY, my attention span is short. And not especially PIN POINT fixed these days.
Ummmm. Aaaaaanyway. Based on my reading this last week, I say Lincoln/Secretary of war Edwin Stanton, 2008? Google him, bitches! He was "the rock, upon which the waves of war crash, but do not break." I am crazy about Edwin M. Stanton!
In unrelated news, I am still single.
Zombie Edwin Stanton v. Current Sec. State Robert Gates: He-ro v. He who? I know! and we're in an actual war! Its crazy!!
Okay, in conclusion, friends don't let friends blog drunk. more to follow. And if you are undecided (if I am friends of some total fucktard) dont let me influence you. I have been strressed lately. I cried in my workout class yesterday, although that was probably plank-on-ball and not John McCain. Or maybe cancer. they all suck.
I guess Wednesday is still a work day, huh? Who's the socialist candidate again?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
OMG, you shouldn't blog when intoxicated, dude. Gates is Current Sec. of War. Condi is still Current Sec. of State.
I knew that
Post a Comment