It has been a long time since I have not wanted to finish reading a book. I cannot begin to tell you how much fun The Know It All is. This guy really appeals to my command of esoteric knowledge combined with my need to always be right.
There are so many words I have never heard of in this book. Even types of words. For example, did you know there is such a thing as Capitonyms? These are words where the meaning changes based on whether or not not it is capitalized. The Polish company manufactures shoe polish. This and today's title are the only examples given; maybe that's all there is.
My new favorite thing, which has many common examples, is the miranym. This is the word between two antonyms. I love new words.
- convex/concave: flat
- hot/ cold: room temperature
- acme/ nadir: plateau
- ascending/ descending: level
Fun, huh? Let's play at home!
- a wide, warm circle of loving and supportive friends/ crushing loneliness: monthly poker tournament
- Kate Moss/ Mama Cass: me
- too young to know anything/ too old to change anything: 5 weeks shy of 36th birthday
- Mother Teresa/ Woman I just got of the phone with: Vlad the Impaler

3 comments:
I love your humor...there are so many people in the same boat with you, including myself. I love your miranym for the comparison of Mother Theresa to the woman you just got off the phone with. (Please don't scold me for ending a sentence with a preposition, your sister already did that.) Anyway, have a great day.
I did no such thing :P
K,
Isn't it great that we are arguing on your blog? Just what you set it up for, right? Take it easy.
Post a Comment