So, in the many days since last we spoke, here are some of the things that happened:
- I began a workout class. Just once a week. It is free, provided by my employer which means either I have a great employer, or he thinks we're all getting a might meaty in the drumsticks. It isn't easy, but in only four classes I have gone from 2 push-ups to ten. Why, sometimes I even lift a five pound barbell over my head at home. So that's where my triceps are. I shall call off the search party.
- Had the birthday. I had a surprisingly enjoyable day (large steak, bowling and beer, baseball game on TV). My sister sent me a card saying "I'm sorry the obsessing about your birthday is taking even more years off your life." Har-dee-fucking-har.
- Had my computer go bad, then get fixed. Man, do I not like it when the tech guys start remotely controlling my computer. They are so snotty about knowing how to do cool stuff like that. I just want to point at the sky and scream "Auughhh! IRON BIRD!!!"
- I have now, as of today, been a non-smoker for five weeks.
- In unrelated news, I have gained 11 pounds in the past five weeks.
Let me tell you though, I am really enjoying being a non-smoker. I am saving so much money, I can walk up the extremely mild grade in my neighborhood and have enough breath to bitch about being out of shape, and it has been too damn hot to smoke anyway.
Also, I am unbelievably, extremely secretly smug. I disguise it by saying things like "If you don't want to quit, you won't. When you're ready you will." But secretly I AM STRONG AND YOU ARE WEAK! BWAHH-HHAHHH-HAHHHHH!!!
My only current complaint is, where is the "elation"? All my supportive websites say that my serotonin levels will even out and I will experience "mild elation". I can expect to feel this in "three weeks to nine months".
Three weeks to nine months? What the hell? Is waiting for elation like waiting for the cable company?
Oh, shit. Maybe that maniacal laugh two paragraphs ago was the elation! You don't think I missed it, do you?

3 comments:
I can't help it if I find you funny and miss you when you are out fighting crime.
"Is waiting for elation like waiting for the cable company?"
Yes, yes it is... exactly like that. ;)
I started a blog about my job hunt and subsequential life post accepting whatever said job might be, if you want to check it out: http://chellieo.blogspot.com/
Rachel also has a blog where she reviews every paranormal romance under the sun: http://pnrbookworm.blogspot.com/
In case you ever wonder what we're up. Btw, we LOVE your blog. Thanks to Rebecca for turning us on to it!!
Congratulations on doing so well with the non-smoking. Also, way to go with the workout class...I hope it pays off. I know things don't look or feel so good right now, but you will feel so much better when you kick the smoking...and, you might actually live to the ripe old age of 70. Good luck!
Post a Comment